How This Fits Into IoT
Algorithms are a core part of any IoT application. They convert the collected data into actionable decisions. Machine learning plays a key role in algorithm development for IoT applications. In addition, what makes IoT data different is that a significant portion of the data is obtained over time. Thus, the data is inherently of time-series nature.
Although the classical machine learning algorithms can be applied to this type of data, there are certain classes of algorithms that are well-suited to tackle data sets with time dependency, such as recurrent neural networks.
These algorithms can be leveraged via the open source packages written in Python and other languages.
Here is the outline of the workshop:
a. Brief introduction to machine learning
b. Hand-on development of machine learning models for a sample data set using Python
c. Introduction to time-series analysis and existing tools
d. Hands-on development of a recurrent neural network
e. Best practices, tips, and challenges when dealing with time-series data
What Attendees Do
Attendees will apply various machine learning models (including classical and time-series specific) using Python to a sample data set.
1. Understand basic steps in developing machine learning models
2. Learn about the different types of time-series problems
3. Learn how to develop machine learning models using Python
4. Practical tips and tricks when dealing with time-series data
What Attendees Bring
Attendee Preparation Work (Downloads, Reading)
Install Python through Anaconda. Install tensorflow and Keras.
Nothing specific, but some familiarity with Jupyter Notebook environment helps (e.g. https://iterativelearning.io/getting-started-with-python-for-data-analysis/)
The projector with HDMI connectors, internet access instructions, white board and markers
What Attendees Receive
Hands-on training, no giveawaysLink to Image of Giveaway if Applicable
Links and Additional Reading Material
Digital Streaming Pass
$79 $19.95 - SALE! Limited Time!
Digital Streaming Pass
• Digital Streaming Access to all 2020 conferences.
• Digital Streaming Access to all 2020 sessions and workshops, including conference sessions from industry experts and more!
• Access to presentation material, slide decks.
• 10 month free access to all streaming sessions above, which will be both live-streamed and recorded, so you can re-watch or watch on your own time as needed.
• Discounts on critical, important Internet of Things devices.
• Networking with Sponsors and Attendees via Discord App
The ultimate pass for deeper subject matter expertise in the field of IoT. For individuals seeking to maximize their learning and connections.
• Access to three conferences at a 40% discount - AgroFuse 2021, IoTFuse 2020, Retailfuse 2020 and MedFuse 2020.
• Digital Streaming Access to all sessions and workshops
• Access to presentations after the conference
All Salespeople, Account Managers or other parties who are focused on selling into the IoTFuse audience or otherwise competing with our sponsors may be required to purchase a FusePass for this conference. This pass is perfect for Sales and Marketing Executives - it allows you to show your support to the conference experience to other attendees while having access to all of the benefits of the Digital Streaming Pass.