1. Building IoT Applications with MicroPython and Dig XBee® 3 Cellular
2. Building IoT Applications with MicroPython and AWS or Azure (continued from session 1)
MicroPython is a Python dialect specifically intended for MicroControllers. By using MicroPython on a smart modem such as the Digi XBee 3 Cellular product line you can quickly add connectivity and edge intelligence to a variety of IoT applications and use cases where you want to read sensors or actuate controls. The cloud offerings that we cover in the two sessions specifically target IoT applications and devices.
What Attendees Will Do:
Attendees will connect an Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE device to the Internet, and the Digi Remote Manager® cloud. Attendees will then write Python code to build Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) smart light switch and send data to the cloud based on business logic on the device. Next, we will then send a request to the device from Digi Remote Manager to demonstrate how to control the BLE light switch over cellular. The second session will modify the program to connect and publish data from the sensor using MQTT to
AWS and Azure.
First session Learning Objectives:
1. How to use MicroPython to create a simple IoT application.
Second session Learning Objectives
2. How to use MicroPython to extend the simple IoT application to popular IoT cloud environments
(Azure and AWS).
What Attendees Will Need to Participate In Real-Time:
• A Windows 10 laptop computer (or equivalent) with a USB 3.0 port. USB 2.0 may not supply sufficient current.
• Digi XBee® 3 Cellular LTE Cat-1 Development Kit (available through Digi-Key: Click Here
• Silicon Labs Thunderboard Sense 2 IoT Kit (available through Digi-Key: Click Here
• Murata Electronics CR2032 Battery (optional – available through Digi-Key: Click Here
Attendee Preparation Work (Downloads, Reading)
• Pycharm Community Edition 19.3.3
• Digi XBee MicroPython 1.0.3 Pycharm Plugin
• Digi XCTU 6.5.0 or later
Basic programming and networking knowledge (Python recommended)
Participants for the sessions will need to setup the following in advance:
1. Account with Digi Remote Manager
1. Account with Azure
2. Account with AWS
**Some additional configuration in advance may also be required.**
Links and Additional Reading Material
• Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE Cat 1 Smart Modem (AT&T) User Guide
• Digi MicroPython Programming Guide
• AWS IoT
• Microsoft Azure IoT
Digital Streaming Pass
$79 $19.95 - SALE! Limited Time!
Digital Streaming Pass
• Digital Streaming Access to all 2020 conferences.
• Digital Streaming Access to all 2020 sessions and workshops, including conference sessions from industry experts and more!
• Access to presentation material, slide decks.
• 10 month free access to all streaming sessions above, which will be both live-streamed and recorded, so you can re-watch or watch on your own time as needed.
• Discounts on critical, important Internet of Things devices.
• Networking with Sponsors and Attendees via Discord App
The ultimate pass for deeper subject matter expertise in the field of IoT. For individuals seeking to maximize their learning and connections.
• Access to three conferences at a 40% discount - AgroFuse 2021, IoTFuse 2020, Retailfuse 2020 and MedFuse 2020.
• Digital Streaming Access to all sessions and workshops
• Access to presentations after the conference
All Salespeople, Account Managers or other parties who are focused on selling into the IoTFuse audience or otherwise competing with our sponsors may be required to purchase a FusePass for this conference. This pass is perfect for Sales and Marketing Executives - it allows you to show your support to the conference experience to other attendees while having access to all of the benefits of the Digital Streaming Pass.